Dear Friends of Saint Ann’s Shrine,
CELEBRATING ONE’S BIRTHDAY IS IMPORTANT!
I have a birthday coming up in August, how about you? No matter how many birthdays we have already celebrated, nevertheless the actual day still manages to excite us, even a little, as it inevitably stirs up gratitude for the gift of life and hopes that loved one’s will remember the good times we shared and our contribution to life in our world.
Our Church believes in the Communion of Saints and celebrates the exemplary lives of a myriad of saintly men and women with special feast days throughout the Liturgical Year. However, on September 8 every year, we remember and give thanks for the life of Mary as a gift both of God and her parents Saint Ann and Saint Joachim. This calendar year in the United States, National Grandparents Day also falls on Mary’s birthday! Her contribution to our world cannot be measured since she was chosen to give birth to Jesus, the future Savior of the world. She merits, most assuredly, the beautiful praise of the poet William Wordsworth: Mother! Whose virgin bosom was uncrossed with the least shade of thought to sin allied. Woman! Above all women glorified, our tainted nature’s solitary boast.
It was on September 8, the Birthday of Mary, that I and many of the priests and brothers in the Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament in the U.S.A., customarily pronounced the vows of Religious Life, poverty, chastity and obedience for the first time, and after three more years, made these vows perpetual. We were now part of the consecrated life of the Church, committed to help bring knowledge and love of Jesus in the Eucharist to the world as priests and brothers.
One of the ways we continue to do this is through the fund raising efforts of Saint Ann’s Shrine Mission Advancement Office. We need your generous support to continue this mission and to provide for the continuing education of future priests and religious.
As the Chaplain of Saint Ann’s Shrine in Cleveland, Ohio, I offer the Liturgy of the Eucharist at 11:30 Monday thru Friday. We pray for Vocations daily, for the sick and for the special intentions of all our donors. Thank you for praying with us and for supporting our efforts with your generosity.
May Jesus in the Eucharist bless each of you with an ever-deepening Faith in His Real Presence, and fulfill all your prayers!
Yours in the Spirit of Good Saint Ann,
Father Roger Bourgeois, SSS
* Our Blessed Sacrament Community in Bethany and Regina pray for you daily. Please let us know of any special intentions you’d like us to remember. The Blessed Sacrament Community supports you in prayer and Eucharist.
*Your loved ones can be remembered during Mass at Saint Ann’s Shrine. Call 440-449-2700 for details.
* We invite you and your group to join us at Saint Ann’s Shrine for Daily Mass at 11:30AM, Monday-Friday (call for Holidays)
* The Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament offers a daily devotion/reflection. If you’d like to receive this uplifting message, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* We have Blessed Oil and Holy Water available for a donation. Contact Saint Ann Shrine at 440-449-2700 or st-ann-shrine.org.
* Be sure to “Like” us on Facebook & visit our website
* Please consider sharing contact information of your friends or relatives that may be interested in supporting and learning about Saint Ann’s Shrine and the Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament.
* Please ask your employer if they support a matching gift program and your donation may be doubled!
* Please consider becoming a member of our Legacy Society by naming Saint Ann’s Shrine or the Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament in your will. For more information, please contact Scott Gongos, Director of Mission Advancement, at 440-449-2700 or email@example.com. We currently have 283 friends who have committed to the long-term support of Saint Ann’s Shrine and the Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament! Thank You!!!