Dear Friends of Saint Ann’s Shrine,
BIRTHDAYS’ ARE FOR CELEBRATING LIFE!
We all want family and friends to remember and celebrate our birthday, don’t we? Human life on planet earth is a gift from God through the work and love of our parents. Our presence here, for however long God gives us, is our opportunity to make a difference and help make this a better world.
Every year on September 8th, the Church celebrates the birthday of Mary, the mother of Jesus, our Savior. If anyone ever made a difference Mary surely did! The poet William Wordsworth said it beautifully: “Mother! Whose virgin bosom was uncrost with the least shade of thought to sin allied; Woman! Above all women glorified, our tainted nature’s solitary boast.” We thank the loving parents of Mary, Ann and Joachim, for giving her life and for the choice God made of her to mother Jesus, the Savior of us all.
We also celebrate other special, life giving moments in our life, like the day of our marriage, and for priests and religious women and men, the day of their first vows and ordination. These are called Jubilee Days to rejoice and be grateful for 25, 50, 60 or more years of service to God and the Church.
As you well know, Saint Ann’s Shrine is a part of the mission of the Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament, and a portion of our mission is to petition financial support from generous persons like you, to assist in the early and continuing education of our members.
As the Chaplain of Saint Ann’s Shrine in Cleveland, Ohio, I (Fr. Roger) offer the Liturgy of the Eucharist at 11:30am Monday thru Friday. We pray for Vocations daily, for the sick, and for the special intentions of all our donors. Thank you for supporting our mission with your prayers and generosity!
May Jesus in the Eucharist bless each of you with an ever-deepening Faith in his Presence and fulfill all your prayers!
God Bless You!
Rev. Roger Bourgeois, SSS Rev. Michael Noreika, SSS
Chaplain, Saint Ann’s Shrine Spiritual Director, Saint Ann’s Shrine
* Join us at Saint Ann’s Shrine for Daily Mass at 11:30AM, Monday-Friday (call for Holidays)
* The Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament offers a daily devotion/reflection. If you’d like to receive this uplifting email, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* We have Blessed Oil and Holy Water available for a suggested donation of $6.00 per bottle. Contact Saint Ann Shrine at 440-449-2700 or st-ann-shrine.org.
* You can still support our Annual Appeal through December 31st!
* Be sure to “Like” us on Facebook & visit our website
* Please consider sharing contact information for 3 of your friends or relatives that may be interested in supporting and learning about Saint Ann’s Shrine.
* Please ask your employer if they support a matching gift program and your donation may be doubled!
* We offer a recurring credit card donation option if you are interested
* Become a member of our Legacy Society by informing us that Saint Ann’s Shrine has been named in your will. For more information, please contact Scott Gongos, Director of Mission Advancement, at 440-449-2700 or email@example.com.