Join the Legacy Society

Flowers-IrisesRemember Saint Ann’s Shrine in your will and your thoughtful, loving gift will have a lasting effect.  You will be supporting the Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament’s mission of responding to the hungers of the human family with the riches of God’s love manifested in the Eucharist.

In addition, you will become a member of Saint Ann’s Crown Society.  Your membership entitles you to share in the benefits of the prayers and Masses at Saint Ann’s Shrine.

Nearly 70% of Americans do not have a will. Without a will, the state distributes your assets for you, and they may not follow your personal wishes for the special people and charities in your life. A legal will is the best way to be sure your wishes are followed.

You can direct a special bequest in your will for the Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament, St. Ann’s Shrine (our legal name and title). You can determine a dollar amount, a percentage, or the residue of your estate.  Many people use their gifts to remember their family name or a beloved spouse or child.

Gifts to charities such as Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament, St. Ann’s Shrine are not taxed as part of your estate.  In fact, a charitable gift by will may reduce your federal estate taxes.

Have a lawyer write your will. It doesn’t have to be expensive. Compared to the expense of settling an estate without a will, the cost is minimal. If you need to change your will, have your lawyer revoke your old will and draw up a new one. Do not try to make changes in your will by just writing in the margins.


Points to Consider

Appoint an executor in your will. This is the person who will carry out your wishes. It is best to choose someone with ability in financial management. You may also want to ask the person if he or she is willing to fulfill this responsibility.

Be sure your relatives, your executor, and your lawyer know where to locate your will. A safe deposit box may not be the best place to keep your will. Leaving a copy with your lawyer and someone else you trust is a good idea.

Neither the author nor publisher is engaged in giving legal or tax advice. Obtain the service of your attorney or financial planner for guidance.