January 1, 2018
Dear Friends of the Blessed Sacrament Community,
I am writing to share with you some very exciting news about a new initiative the Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament is launching through our Mission Advancement Office. Beginning January 1 and running through December 31, 2018, we are embarking on our Partners In Mission, Annual Appeal campaign that will help support the mission of the Congregation in the United States and the priests, brothers, and deacons of our Blessed Sacrament Community who daily live it out through their prayer and ministry.
Our Founder, Saint Peter Julian Eymard, was convinced that the Eucharistic mission was the greatest in the Church because it brings us to a living encounter with Christ himself in the sacrament of his love and mercy. Father Eymard fulfilled this mission in his own life and he entrusted it to us today.
With your generous help, we will be able to continue to:
- Support the overall mission of the Congregation of the Blessed Sacrament “to see all human reality in the light of the Eucharist” (Rule of Life, 34);
- Support our religious in our six Blessed Sacrament Communities across the country (Cleveland, Chicago, New York City, Houston, San Antonio, and Holiday, Florida) and in Honolulu, who are serving in parish ministry, pastoral care in hospitals, social justice, faith formation, teaching, writing, etc.;
- Administer and serve Saint Ann’s Shrine at the Provincial Center in Cleveland;
- Care for our senior religious who have dedicated their lives to serving the mission of the Church and the Congregation and who now require specialized medical care;
- Educate and support young men in formation who are discerning a call to our Eucharistic life;
- Work in close collaboration with our international religious and the Associates of the Blessed Sacrament, our partners in prayer and mission.
Funds raised in the Annual Appeal will go directly to our communities and religious and the ministries they do every day.
I know that I speak on behalf of all of our religious who are grateful for your past support and generosity. Now more than ever, though, we need your help to achieve our goal of $100,000 for the Annual Appeal. As an extension of our faith family, you have always been dedicated to our mission and supported us by your prayers and sacrificial gifts. This campaign will help ensure the long-term sustainability of the Congregation and its mission.
We ask for your financial support and prayers in this Annual Appeal as we strive for 100% participation in our new endeavor! If you prefer, you may specify a particular need or ministry that you would like to help. In addition, please let us know how you first came to know the Congregation and to be associated with us. We would love to hear your stories!
God bless you, in the Lord Jesus,
Very Reverend Anthony Schueller, SSS
P.S. Be assured of our continued prayers for you and your special intentions. May God bless you for your generosity!